Monday, November 15, 2010

SKYDIVING in Australia

Friday Nov. 5:  One of the most epic days of my life.  It began with chai lattes and free cinnamon croissants at Room 10.  Our mood changed drastically from frustrated with our hostel to loving life in Room 10 simply due to the people around us.  People are so important because they can make or break the moment.  We walked around Kings Cross on a caffeine and life high before boarding the train to North Wollongong.

And what awaited us in North Wollongong?  SKYDIVING!!!!  We were lucky to get the perfect day - blue sky scattered with white puffy clouds.  We spent awhile preparing, learning the techniques, and meeting our tandem partners.  My super awesome partner was Andy.  Steph and I became pretty good friends with Ju-Yeon from Korea who was in our plane. 


Skydiving was sooooooo amazing.  It was not even close to as scary as bungy jumping.  The view from the plane was amazing, but I did get nervous the higher we got.  We got up to 14,000 feet (the highest skydive in Australia) before we tumbled out of the plane.  We free fell at over 200 km/hr for one minute and then opened the parachute at 5,000 feet when we were in line with the clouds.  It was crazy going from the greatest rush of adrenaline in my life to a beautiful five minute glide over a breathtaking view of the beach and mountains.  Seriously the greatest view I have ever had in my life.  We had a smooth landing and right away I knew I wanted to do this again.  Thanks Andy for flying with me!  Life is short.  Stunt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment