Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The final countdown

Thursday Nov. 11:  All day was spent with Stephanie on a flight from Cairns to Melbourne and then Melbourne to Christchurch.  We returned late at night and Courtney and Cathy picked us up in Court's parents rental car.  It was so good to see them again!!
Cathedral Square

Stocking up on Tim Tams
Friday Nov. 12:  My last full day in New Zealand!!!!  Steph, Courtney, Cathy, and I ventured shoeless into the city for the last time and shared stories of our past week.  It was a beautiful sunny day and we went souvenir shopping and hung out in the square.  We also went to the grocery store and stocked up on Tim Tams to take back to the States with us.  I bought ten boxes so hopefully they will last me through my depression from leaving NZ.  I tried to take in and appreciate as much as I could.  As I turned my head away from Cathedral Square for the last time I didn't know what to do or how to feel.  I couldn't handle that I was leaving behind everything I have known for the past five months.  I was leaving home.

Banana Pancakes
Love these girls
That night we hung out in my room.  We made chocolate chip banana pancakes and homemade hot chocolate, did Tim Tam slams, laughed till our sides hurt, took self-timer pictures, and reminisced on our amazing life journeys together.  I am going to miss these girls dearly.

That night Steph and I snuggled up and had the hardest time falling asleep.  This was our last night.
Flatmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment