Sunday, August 1, 2010

Road Trip to Dunedin

Friday morning (July 29) Max, Ryan, Jessica, and I hopped into Max's car and headed to Dunedin.  It was a nice and scenic ride there - the sun was shining, we were singing songs to my ipod speakers, and we stopped at the beach.  It took approximately 5 hours.  When we arrived we met Ryan's friend Garrett and Jessica's friend Emily who are studying abroad at the University of Otago.  We explored a little of the city and went to an Irish pub called the Bog that night.  The live band was amazing!!  I discovered I really like New Zealand reggae. 

Speights Brewery
The next day we visited the Speights Brewery.  We learned everything there is to know about the history and how they make the beer.  Afterward we drove out on the peninsula which I already went to with my family a while back.  It was amazing again!  We watched the sunset there.
Otago Peninsula

On Sunday we went to Cadbury World!!  I love Cadbury chocolate and the chocolate factory was amazing!  As soon as I walked in there was a mountain of Crunchies.  I thought I was actually in heaven.  We learned about the history and making of the chocolate and then climbed the purple towere where we saw a chocolate waterfall.  It was so magical.  After our awesome chocolate experience, we went to Baldwin Street (the steepest street in the world).  We booked it up the hill in Max's car.  I can't believe we made it up!  We took some cool pictures and then I ran down.  Then we got some ice cream at Rob Roy's and drove home to Christchurch.  This weekend was so much fun :)
Cadbury World Mountain of Crunchies

2 comments:

  1. GACK! I had no idea such a thing existed--the mountain of Crunchies, I mean. It's probably a good thing. I'd, like, live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knoooooow! Crunchies are the best chocolate bar to ever exist I wanted to dive into that mountain haha

    ReplyDelete