Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sumner and New Brighton

Sumner Beach
This past Friday, Christian, Tom, and I hoped on a bus to Sumner.  We spent a while relaxing in a cute cafe where I got delicious pumpkin potato soup and a chai latte.  I love the designs they put on the coffees!  After, we walked along the beach and climbed on and under a rocky cave.  This beach is awesome and beautiful.  Its always cool going to a beach in the winter.  I then had hokey pokey ice cream for the first time ever!  It is the greatest ice cream in the world!!!  It has bits of the inside of my favorite chocolate bar, Crunchie!  Little honeycomb bits.  Mmmmm. We sat and enjoyed our ice cream as we watched the waves roll in.

Coffee at Sumner
Saturday morning a group of us walked to the Riccarton Bush farmers market.  I love farmers markets!! This was a small one that sold only food.  Delicious food.  I got some honey and flaxseed bread, vegetables, and white chocolate and rhubarb porridge.  Everyone there was extremely friendly.

New Brighton Beach
Sunday Cathy, Ryan, and I went to play some Gridiron (American Football) at Ilam Fields.  Cathy and I were the first girls ever to join the club!  It was really fun and really muddy.  I was great at defense but need to work on my catching skills.  The guys are awesome and we all had a lot of fun.  After we cleaned up, us three ventured to New Brighton beach.  We walked out to the pier as it was getting dark.  The lights on the pier changed colours.  It was extremely cold and windy though.  We talked to some fishermen at the end of the pier and then walked through town.  I got hokey pokey ice cream again and then we went back and hung out at the apartments.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same at 'Football' - good defense, but can't catch the darn thing!! Also, when we visited the New Brighton pier I don't think you were with us right? It was almost dark too - we saw a great sunset and the lights you described. Missed out on the ice cream though. Did you see the 'No Fishing' sign next to the fishermen!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha no i didnt see that sign!! But yea the lights were so cool!

    Its weird you think id be good at catching bc im a goalie, but the guys throw it too hard or something or im not used to the positioning... its different

    ReplyDelete